[Buildroot] What is the proper procedure to commit a patch?

Bernhard Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 12:35:36 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 01:16:13PM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
>>>Now we have package/linux.mk and we have Linux configuration spread out.
>>>
>>>What I want to do is to move "package/linux.mk" to "package/linux/linux.mk"
>>
>> What's that good for? Just curious, this is just cosmetics.
>>
>>>and then remove the distributed linux configuration to "package/linux/Config.in"
>>
>> Which "distributed linux configuration" do you mean?
>>

>I'd like to have the configuration and makefile in the same directory.

I don't like to have it in the same directory.

>Now the configuration is in a different directory.

Yes, and that's a feature. You (or the board) can easily set
BR2_PACKAGE_LINUX_KCONFIG to anything you want. It was added for exactly
this purpose.

>The current linux.mk is much less flexible than the one I use.

You keep saying this, ISTR.
What does not work currently as opposed to "yours"?

Did you try to use the currently existing one, recently?