[Buildroot] libintl_gettext errors at end of build??

joe at smittys.pointclark.net joe at smittys.pointclark.net
Sat Jan 27 15:42:36 UTC 2007

Quoting Bernhard Fischer <rep.dot.nop at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 07:28:41PM -0500, joe at smittys.pointclark.net wrote:
>> Hello,
>> No matter what versions I choose I keep getting ": undefined reference
>> to `libintl_gettext'" error at the very end of the build. I tried to
>> build gettext into the build thinking this would solve the problem but
>> no go, still comes up. Looks like it is looking for it in the kernel
>> build config area? Anyone know why this is happening and how to
>> correct it?
>>
>> Thanks - Joe
>>

>> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/buildroot/build_i686/linux-2.6.19.2'
>>   HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
>> scripts/kconfig/conf.o(.text+0x93): In function `check_stdin':
>> : undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
>
> Well sounds like you need gettext on the build-host installed.
> You could add a host-gettext to the gettext.mk that installs into the
> toolbuild_dir and use that if you do not want or can not install the gettext
> that comes with your distro..
>
> HTH,

Ok, I ws able to install gettext on the build-host but I had to
configure it with the --disable-nls option.

This worked and the build went along but when I got to the part where
it was building the kernel headers i am now getting an error "No space
left on device" message. The build-host is 30gb with only about 5gb
used. Is this "No space left on device" message referring to the user
space of the final build image? If so how can I adjust it? Are the
paremeters found in fakeroot or genext2fs?

Thanks - Joe