[Buildroot] buildroot compile error - "Rn must not overlap other operands"

nina.holly at aerende.com nina.holly at aerende.com
Wed Jan 10 03:39:29 UTC 2007

Hi,
    I downloaded the latest 17177 version of buildroot and got
the following compile error (shown in the enclosed make_1.log):

../xgcc .... buildroot/toolchain_build_arm/gcc-3.4.2/boehm-gc/finalize.c
/tmp/ccVyKzUN.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccVyKzUN.s: Error: Rn must not overlap other operands -- `swp r3,5,[r3]'

1.  Has anyone seen this before?  I googled it and it appears to be
    a real ARM bug. Does anyone know how to find where the swp
    assembly source that is causing the error is?

2.  Does anyone know how to stop the /tmp/ccVyKzUN.s file from being
    removed so that I can look at it?

Enclosed are:

a.  make.log - make log file
b.  config     - .config file

Please let me know if any other information would be useful.
Thanks in advance,

Nina