[Buildroot] working .config for nios2?

James L Henrickson jim.henrickson at critical.com
Thu Feb 1 06:17:27 UTC 2007

After a lot of experimenting, I managed to generate .config files that
resulted in the successful build of i586 and i486 targets (including the
linux kernel).  Now I seem to be stuck trying to build for a nios2
target.  If I try using the uclibc snapshot, it gets stuck trying to
build for the various elf, flat, etc options  (all four options fail).
If I try using an earlier version of uclibc, it tries to use
nios2-elf-gcc (which doesn't exist) instead of nios2-linux-uclibc-gcc
(which does exist).  I tried using various versions of gcc and both of
the supported 2.6.x kernel versions.  I also tried both a few-days-old
version of BuildRoot and the latest snapshot, with those various
permutations of config items.  I'm running out of ideas.  Does anyone
have a working .config for nios2?

Jim Henrickson