[Buildroot] static libgcc_s

Piotr Adam Zolnierczuk pzolnier at indiana.edu
Wed Feb 28 15:51:02 UTC 2007

Hi,
I am trying to compile a flash bootloader for a AT91SAM9260EK board on
my Linux box.

When I use gnuarm.org precompiled toolchain (gcc-3.4.3) it works fine,
but when I use my own toolchain
(build by buildroot rev 17875, gcc-4.1.1) it complains about missing
gcc_s (the bootloader wants to use __divsi3 routine).

My toolchain properly builds libgcc_s.so, but for some reasons it does
not build libgcc_s.a. Otherwise the toolchain is fine: builds kernel,
rootfs etc.

Any ideas how can I "force" buildroot to build a static version of libgcc_s?

Thanks
    Piotr