[Buildroot] Mac OS X status

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Mon Feb 26 01:26:01 UTC 2007

On 2/25/07, David Smoot <davidsmoot at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/25/07, Heikki Lindholm <holindho at cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In case there are some other parties interested in seeing buildroot
> > working on a Mac OS X host, here's a short status report. Using the sed
> > patch I posted and after fixing some incompatible "cp"'s, one "du -l", a
> > few missing headers, and a missing "getline" function, I can build a
> > simple uclibc+busybox installation up to where it would need fakeroot,
> > which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to work on OS X.
> >
> > -- Heikki Lindholm
>
> Big thumbs up to you for doing this.  I'm sure it is a small group of people
> that would use buildroot on a Mac but I appreciate it.  And I would imagine
> Buildroot will benefit by the extra effort to make it POSIX compliant.
> David

I've contributed to this in the past, others have, this would need
some assurance that the parts for buildroot on MacOSX would have a
chance of merging to baseline, or there will probably be an annual
"hey, I have an idea, buildroot on MacOSX" attempt.  If the changes go
to baseline, then the issue becomes maintenance, not re-invention.

Allan