[Buildroot] Kernel Name

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Tue Dec 11 22:39:42 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thiago A. Corrêa" <thiago.correa at gmail.com>
To: "buildroot" <buildroot at uclibc.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 7:15 PM
Subject: [Buildroot] Kernel Name

> Hi,
>
>   Don't know in which revision, but the naming of the Kernel binary
> has changed. It is now being copied to /boot under the name
> atngw100-linux-2.6.22.10-20071211 which is just awful.
>
>   Is there a way to keep it as /uImage as previously?

I think you get the simple name by not choosing the the advanced linux installation.
The "advanced linux" installation will give the image a name, indicating its contents.

In the AT91 U-boot, there is support for autoscripts which will setup the u-boot environment in a way
that you do not have to type the complete name.
You can probably quite easily create similar autoscripts.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson