[Buildroot] buildroot-20070720

Benjamin Tietz benjamin at micronet24.de
Wed Aug 22 19:22:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 06:43:45PM +0200, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

> >>Is there any chance that buildroot is moving over to "git"?.
> >
> > given that there is a svn backend for git, this doesn't make much sense
> > to me. They should just pull upstream, git should be able to take care
> > for (most of) the rest, but i'll not mandate how atmel does their
> > busyness here ;)
> >

> Personally, I have never used git except just cloning a tree.
>
> If I understand you correctly, I can pull stuff using git from the svn server
> and then add the stuff I get from my friends and do a merge
> and put back the end result using git talking to the svn server, right?
>
> Best Regards
> Ulf Samuelsson
Nearly. You can't do that with the native git tools.
There exist some tools, e.g. connecting your local git-repository to
some other type of repository. git-svn does that for svn.
	git-svn init <SVN-URL>
will make your repo able to use svn. Afterwards do
	git-svn fetch
to pull the svn-tree, and
	git-svn commit
to push back the changes.