[Buildroot] which ipkg?

Thomas Lundquist lists at zelow.no
Tue Apr 17 11:13:30 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 12:16:31PM +0200, Thomas Lundquist wrote:

> The big question is; which ipkg version should I/we go for?
> handhelds.org has at least two options, the original shell script based
> (ipkg-utils) or a C-based newer one.

Seems like I should read a bit more about ipkg.

http://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/BuildingIpkgs uses ipkg-utils for
building / host side and not the target.

so, it seems like they are using the C-version for unpaking/target side.

OpenWRT also uses ipkg and have a ipkg shell script in their repository
but I haven't looked much at what / how they use.

So, if anyone out there would like ipkg support in buildroot, let me
know how you want it and I'll try to fix it. I guess it's quite obvious
that I'm not familiar nor using ipkg :=)

Thomas.