[Buildroot] frame buffer problems

nina.holly at aerende.com nina.holly at aerende.com
Fri Apr 6 16:14:33 UTC 2007

Hi,
    I am using Linux 2.6.10 with devfs on ARM.  I know that
devfs is deprecated/obsolete.  The framebuffer works fine
with buildroot svn version 15763.  But when I switched to
buildroot version 17224 I get a return value < 0 when I try to execute

ioctl(frame_buffer_ptr, FBIOGET_VSCREENINFO, &var_info);

I.E. I can't read the basic frame buffer information.

1.  Is this a problem in the version of buildroot that I am using?

2.  Is this because buildroot version 17224 doesn't work
    with devfs and I need to switch to using udev?

3.  Do I need to use Linux version greater than 2.6.15 (which works
    with udev) to work with buildroot version 17224?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Nina