[Buildroot] libgcc_s.so.1 missing from filesystem

Ashwin Bihari abihari at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 13:30:42 UTC 2006

On 10/11/06, Fredrik Roubert <roubert at df.lth.se> wrote:

> On Wed 11 Oct 14:56 CEST 2006, David Lambert wrote:
>
> > A commom problem seems to be that they depend on a library libgcc.so.1
> > which appears in buildroot/build_arm/staging_dir/lib/libgcc_s.so.1,
> > [...] Is there a more elegant solution?
>
> One possible solution is to unset BR2_GCC_SHARED_LIBGCC in the buildroot
> configuration, to get rid of the shared libgcc alltogether.
>
> Information on libgcc can be found here:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Libgcc.html
>
> Cheers // Fredrik Roubert

I haven't narrowed it down to exactly which version of Buildroot stopped
deploying the libgcc_so.1, but I've found that an older cataloged version in
our source control was deploying that library properly. The newer version of
buildroot tends to skip over a few other libraries as well.

Regards

--
~ Ashwin