[Buildroot] C++ cross compiler

Philippe Ney philippe.ney at pardes.ws
Wed Nov 15 16:33:37 UTC 2006

> Hi Philippe,
>     Could you tell me how you were able to
> create a c++ cross compiler for ARM?   I.E.
> can you tell me which boxes you checked?
>
>     The following is what I did which doesn't
> seem to work.
>
> In make menuconfig in the "toolchain" menu I checked
>
> [*] Build/install c++ compiler and libstdc++

OK

> and it ended up setting in .config :
>
> BR2_INSTALL_LIBSTDCPP=y

OK

> but did not set:
>
> BR2_PACKAGE_LIBCGICC or
> BR2_PACKAGE_QTE

That's packages. Nothing to do with the compiler

> After running make, arm-linux-g++ does not show up in the
> bin directory specified in the "Build options" menu section
> for "Toolchain and header file location".
>
> 1. Is there another make menuconfig option that needs to
>    be set to build a C++ cross compiler?
>
> 2. When I googled "buildroot c++ cross compiler" other people
>    were not able to create a c++ cross compiler w/buildroot and
>    I didn't see a clear resolution from the responses.

You ought to have something like :

buildroot/build_arm_nofpu/staging_dir/bin/arm-linux-uclibc-g++

(gcc-4.0.3 / binutils-2.17 / uClibc-0.9.28)

If the c++ support is not generated in your compiler, maybe you have to
check in the corresponding .mk file if the right parameters are used.

Philippe