[Buildroot] Hidden symbol is referenced by DSO

Warren Seymour woomail at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 16:10:01 UTC 2006

I'm trying to build Microwindows 0.91 for an XScale. I'm running make
on the development board itself, although I encounter the same problem
using the toolchain on a host system.

I get this when compiling a test app:

# gcc sample.c -I /nanox-src/microwindows-0.91/src/include/ -lnano-X
/usr/bin/ld: a.out hidden symbol '__aeabi_d2iz' in
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-uclibcgnueabi/4.1.1/libgcc,a(_fixdfsi.o) is
referenced by DSO
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Nonrepresentable section on output

Would somebody be so kind as to help me fix this, or failing that at
least tell me where I might be going wrong.

Regards,
Warren.