[Buildroot] update to newer openssl and openssh?

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Wed Nov 1 18:41:42 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 08:27:24AM -0700, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:
>On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 20:16 -0500, Clem Taylor wrote:
>> I was wondering if there is a reason why the openssl in buildroot is
>> so old? buildroot-svn is using 0.9.7e (Oct 25, 2004) and the latest
>> version 0.9.8d (Sept 28, 2006). Likewise openssh 3.9p1 and the latest
>> is 4.4p1 (Sept 27, 2006). It would seem that you would want to keep
>> something like this fairly current.
>
>All it takes is a patch bumping the version in
>package/openssl/openssl.mk. You can email it to the mailing list or use

.. and verifying that it builds and runs as expected.
It's quick and easy to bump to any version, but you also have to check
that other apps that use an updated library (ssl in that case, see
*/*/*.mk) work fine. It is possible that updating a lib alone is not
sufficient but implies that some apps that use it have to be updated
too (and tested, of course).

thanks,