[Buildroot] Impossible to build EABI ARM gcc toolchain using Buildroot ?

MikeW mw_phil at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 11:37:11 UTC 2006

MikeW <mw_phil at ...> writes:

> Pavel Roskin <proski <at> ...> writes:
>
> > Maybe you can fix it.  You can try another compiler.
>
> Unfortunately, Buldroot gcc-4.1.1 which includes ARM EABI support won't build
> the 2.6.10 kernel we are using - fails in the get_user macro in uaccess.h.
>
> Patch that, something else breaks in a similar way due to the compiler
> breaking code that worked under gcc-3.4.x (it needs a switch to turn this off!)
>
> The joys of bazaar development - grrr !
>
> Regards,
> MikeW

Looks like the only 3.4.x version of GCC is the one from CodeSourcery,
http://www.codesourcery.com/gnu_toolchains/arm/releases.html
I think one of the older ones is derived from a 3.4.x GCC.

Was considering doing a Buildroot config.in patch to get the tar.bz2 file from
the CS website, but unfortunately the files are returned in response
to a form submission :(

MikeW