[Buildroot] Known working versions ?

Martyn Welch martyn.welch at radstone.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 11:31:06 UTC 2006

Hi Koenraad,

I've been having the same problems.

I found that busybox would fail with "Implicit declaration of 'bzero'"
in tar.c. I decided to try rebuilding with tar disabled in the busybox
configuration. It compiled, but then when I tried the image, busybox
seemed to be mistaking 'init' for hdparm, infact everything I tried
seemed to be mistaken for hdparm!

I managed to get the image to aleast get to a prompt by building bash
into the image. I'm currently trying a build without busybox to see if I
can get a larger image working with buildroot.

If it's any help, I've set buildroot to use:

Gcc 3.4.6
Bunutils 2.16.91.0.7
Linux 2.6.19
Yesterdays (11 Dec06) snapshots of Busybox and uClibc.

Martyn