[Buildroot] Impossible to build EABI ARM gcc toolchain using Buildroot ?

MikeW mw_phil at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 10:13:59 UTC 2006

Pavel Roskin <proski at ...> writes:

> There are already patches for gcc in buildroot that change
> TARGET_LINKER_EMULATION for bigendian systems and uClibc.  I think
> support for EABI belongs there too.

So looking at 800-arm-bigendian.patch, it would appear
that I need to
1) in config.gcc, have a case $target that detects
 *eabi and sets a TARGET_EABI flag
2) in linux-elf.h, have another #if TARGET_EABI ... #else ... #endif
 which just tags "_eabi" onto all of the other strings, if EABI is active

Does this make sense ?

Or is there an official GCC patch to do this (I have searched!)

Since other people are building ARM EABI versions of gcc, there must
be a patch that they are using which somehow has been omitted
from Buildroot :(

Regards,
Mike